Search Engine Optimization, as we move towards 2019 is so different from what you think worked a couple of years ago.
Those super smart geeks at Google (et al) have been continuously improving how they rank content, respond to searches and try and do all they can to put the best content in front of you, including developing RankBrain, a machine learning system that helps Google sort their search results
- UX Signals & RankBrain has become the 3rd-most important signal contributing to the the result of a search query. Big Brother (..opps I mean RankBrain) is watching
- RankBrain & Dwell Time – how long is someone actually staying on your page
- Rank Brain & Click Thru Rates – if your page gets an above-average CTR, it will get a permanent rankings boost (After all, if no one clicks on your page in the results, why would Google keep it on the first page?
- Comprehensive, In-Depth Content – whilst the old metrics (Title tag, URL, Image ALT text, Description tag, H1 tag) are still looked at (.. ie is the page “dressed neatly” with hair combed, shoes shined etc), Google is MUCH smarter than it used to be. Instead of only measuring content, they now focus on context, with in depth content ranking the best
- LSI Keywords in Your Content – LSI (Latent Semantic indexing) keywords are words and phrases that are strongly associated with your page’s topic.
- Optimize for Google’s Mobile First Index – Google now considers the mobile version of millions of sites the “real” version – did you get a “Mobile First indexing enabled message”? If you did Google now uses your mobile version even if someone is searching from a desktop
- Online Video is getting huge – according to Cisco video will make up 80% of all online traffic. That’s 80% in just two years from now!
- Optimize for Voice Search – 41% of adults perform 1 voice search every day – so you need to get started on Voice SEO
So yes, all the classic SEO (Backlinks, meta tags, Keyword choice) still have a role to play.. but its
that will boost your online presence
We will work with you to align your business needs & goals with an internet marketing strategy and actionplan that works with the every smarter Search Engines, improving your web presence and bringing in the quality leads that your business needs to grow and thrive